To begin, first sign up with Ticketbud or log in and create an event. Click My Events from the top navigation bar and click the New Event button to get started.
Enter the event title and other relevant information. The title must be 75 characters or less. Then click "Create".
This is the Event Dashboard: the organizer's toolbox. It allows you to manage your event with sales reports, promotion tools, invitations and a lot more. Also, all the required steps to get your event up and running are listed there for you. First, click on "Add My First Ticket".
Fill out the ticket name (ex: General Admission, VIP Pass), quantity that you have available to be sold (leave it blank if you don't want a limit) and price per ticket. You can enter this information later as well as add more ticket types. When you're done, just click "Add Ticket"
Now, make note of the Event Completion Monitor in the top right. The monitor shows your progress in completing the required steps to activate your event. As you continue to fill in your event information, this monitor will update in real-time and you will receive a check mark for each item that is completed.
Also notice the footer bar at the bottom of the page. The footer bar follows you wherever you navigate within your account.
- VIEW LIVE!: This button allows you to view your live event page at anytime. Feel free to click this button whenever you want to see an updated view of your event page.
- Edit: This button will take you to the Interactive Editor. This page allows you to edit and update anything within your event page.
- Manage: This button takes you to your Event Dashboard page. From here, you can utilize Ticketbud's powerful feature set to promote and manage your event.
Event Title: Enter the title of your event. Title must be 75 characters or less. To change, click on the underlined text.
Venue Name: If your event has a venue, add in the venue name here so it will appear on your event page.
Event location: Type in the street address for which your event is located. Google Maps will provide suggestions as you type the address. Google Maps will then generate a map of the address and its surrounding area. You can disable the map from appearing on your event page by clicking "The map will be displayed" towards the bottom.
Tip: If you do not want to provide an address or your event is online simply leave the Street Address field blank.
Event Start and Event End: Enter the start and end time for your event. An end time is required to help Ticketbud's system recognize when an event is over. Again, to change the current setting, click on the underlined text.
Event Time Zone: Select the time zone your event occurs in from the drop down box.
Ticket Setup: Scroll down to the ticket section and click "Add Ticket" below the previously created ticket.
- Maximum Capacity: Enter in the total capacity for your event if you have a limited amount of tickets available.
- Name: Enter the name of your ticket type here. You are limited to 200 characters.
- Quantity: This is the total number of tickets available for this ticket type.
- Price: Enter the price of your ticket type here. Factor in your credit card processing fees into the total ticket price if needed.
- Description: Enter any information about the ticket type. Example: Free drink included with VIP access to event.
- Minimum/Maximum # Tickets Per Purchase: Enter the minimum and/or maximum number of tickets an attendee can purchase at one time. Leave this blank if you have no limit.
- For Sale?: Choose yes if you want this ticket to be available for purchase. Choose no if you want this ticket to be hidden and unavailable for purchase.
- Show Remaining Tickets?: Choose yes if you want to show the remaining number of tickets on the event page.
- Display Description: Choose yes if you want to display the ticket description on your event page.
- Sale Start/End: Create a window of time for tickets to be available for sale.
- POS Enabled: Enable ticket to be sold on our point-of-sale system (rental equipment required for at-door purchases)
Contact Info: Enter the contact email that your attendees can reach you at in regards to all ticket related questions. The contact button will appear under your tickets on the event page.
Event Category: Choose the event category that best describes your event.
Public?: Unchecking this box will make your event private. It will not be searchable on ticketbud.com and will not appear on external search results.
Payment Setup: The final step of creating your event allows you to choose which payment method you'll use to process your attendee's ticket purchases. Ticketbud offers Credit Card Processing, Stripe, Paypal, and Auth.net. Credit Card Processing is highly recommended as it is the most seamless experience for both you and your attendees and allows for the quickest setup to start selling tickets. You can find more information about payment methods here.
Tip: If your event is free, choose Free Event for your payment method.
Banner Image: Drag and drop or upload an image from your computer. The Banner Image gives your event page a unique identity to attract attendees. Click here for a sample event explaining how to use the Banner Image.
Share Image: Drag and drop or upload an image from your computer. The Share Image is what will appear on event listings and when an attendee shares your event page via social media.
Event Description: Enter all event information that your attendees will need to know for the event. Make sure to include all event details that will convince your attendees to purchase tickets. Click here for a sample event that provides a checklist of questions you should have answered in the event description.
Upload sponsor logos: Seamlessly integrate your sponsorship logos within your event page.
Click here for a walkthrough on how to use this feature.
Set a background photo: Upload your own photo, use a URL or choose from our gallery of stock images to make your event page look great!
Show up in search?: Check this box if you want your event to be public and listed on Ticketbud.
Only people I invite may attend?: Check this box to only allow invited attendees to purchase tickets to your event.
Publicly display attendee list?: Check this box to display a list of your attendees on your event page. Click here for more information regarding this setting.
Theme: Choose a theme for your event. Click VIEW LIVE! to see what this them looks like.
Custom CSS (Advanced): Click here to edit the CSS for your event page. This allows for further customization and should only be used by someone that is familiar with CSS.
If you have any additional questions, you can reach one of our customer service members at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 844-376-6061.