Our mobile point of sale device is only available for Ticketbud events using WePay to process payment. Contact Ticketbud support for assistance in switching payment processors for your event.
The Ticketbud Acorn mobile point of sale device pairs perfectly to turn your iOS or Android device into a ticket selling command center. It accepts all major credit cards, and provides both chip and swipe options for the utmost security.
With Acorn, event organizers can process credit card transactions and sell tickets right at the door. Acorn plugs into the headphone jack of iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Our credit card hardware works in conjunction with the free Ticketbud App which you can download on your device from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. You'll be able to track your ticket sales through the app and all your sales will show on your desktop.
Check out our online store where you can find pricing and rent a device.
How to Use Acorn
- Make sure that your point of sale hardware and mobile device are both fully charged. When the POS is plugged into a power-source, the red light will flash to indicate that the POS is indeed charging. When the POS is fully charged, the red light will stay illuminated and no longer flash.
- Make sure your mobile device has a strong network connection or is connected to wifi. If you are providing your own wifi at your event, a secure password protected connection will help the POS process transactions faster.
- Connect the point of sale hardware to your iOS device. The point of sale hardware connects via the headphone jack.
- Login to the Ticketbud App (downloadable in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.). The Ticketbud app can be used to sell tickets at the door as well as check-in guests.
- When connecting and setting up the Acorn POS hardware on your device, the app will prompt you for specific permissions including access to the microphone, speaker and location services. Make sure to grant access for each permission.
- After signing into the Ticketbud app follow the prompts listed to sell tickets to your event 1. Select your event. 2. Choose Sell Tickets with Acorn POS. Now you're ready to start selling tickets.
- When selling tickets, you will see your ticket types listed. At the right of each ticket type there is a number indicating the quantity of each ticket in the transaction. The default quantity is zero. Clicking on a ticket will increase the quantity by one. Holding the ticket type down will clear the ticket quantity back to zero. As you add tickets in the transaction, you will see the total transaction value increase. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to see the transaction total and charge the customers credit card. A set of instructions will display on your mobile device after hitting the “Charge Card” button.
- If a credit card has a chip, use the chip reader. The card needs to be inserted into the point of sale with the chip facing down. For credit cards that do not have a chip, swipe the card with the magnetic card facing up.
- Follow the prompts. Do not remove the credit card until the transaction is complete.
- The first transaction will take 15-20 seconds to process because the mobile device must connect with the POS hardware. Following the initial transaction, subsequent transactions for chip credit cards should only take 5-10 seconds to process.
Check out our PDF Acorn POS Guide attached for more information. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.