WePay is Ticketbud's preferred payment processor and incurs the lowest fee at 2.9% per transaction. Receive payout on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis with no hassle returns. Available for users with bank accounts located in the US or Canada. Event currency must be set to USD or CAD dollars, respectively.
- To get started, sign up or log in to Ticketbud and create an event. If you've already created an event, click My Events on the top navigation bar and select your current event. Navigate to your event's Dashboard and select Payout Configuration from the left pane.
- Choose your event currency from the dropdown menu. This should be either USD $ or CAD $.
- Select WePay from the processing options.
- You will be directed to the initial WePay registration page. Provide a name for your account and click Register. Please note when you create a WePay account through Payout Configuration the email address that you use for your Ticketbud account will also apply to the WePay account.
- You will receive an email in your inbox from WePay prompting you to confirm your email address. This is separate from the Ticketbud account confirmation email. Your email must be confirmed within 7 days of account creation or your account will be temporarily suspended and unable to transact. Additionally, if settlement (bank account) information is not provided to WePay within 30 days of account creation, your account will be temporarily disable and unable to transact.
- After signing up with WePay under Payout Configuration, visit the Withdrawals page in your Ticketbud profile. Here you can set a credit card statement descriptor and manage withdrawals.
- Credit card statement descriptor: the descriptor/line item that appears on your attendees' credit card statement and will replace the default "Ticketbud" listing. We recommend using your organization name versus the event name for the descriptor if you plan on having more than one event. The descriptor applies to all transactions associated with the Ticketbud and WePay account.
- Manage withdrawals: generally used to complete any pending steps on WePay like linking a bank account or setting up a payout frequency.
You can also access your WePay account at any time by logging into wepay.com with your Ticketbud account credentials. You may need to reset your password the first time you attempt to log in to WePay outside of Ticketbud.
Check out our other WePay guides here.