The discount code feature allows you to offer discounts to your attendees. Available on percentage or $ amount basis, codes can be set on a schedule to be valid for a period of time.
How To Create Discount Codes
- To get started, sign up or log in to Ticketbud and create an event. If you've already created an event, click My Events on the top navigation bar and select your current event. Navigate to your event's Dashboard and select Discount Codes from the left pane.
- Click on the Make Discount Code icon to begin.
- A pop-up window will appear prompting you with steps.
- Code: enter the code or upload a bulk list via a CSV file. Codes are not case-sensitive.
- Discount: choose the discount type (percentage % off, price $ off, or free).
- Tickets: choose the ticket type the code will apply to.
- Limits: set the amount of times the code can be used on a per event basis. Choose unlimited uses if there are no limits.
- Schedule: set a time frame that the code is valid. If the code doesn't need a time, leave the calendar field blank and continue.
- Activate your code or save for later if you're not ready to activate.
Please note that discount codes apply to the net ticket price. If you're absorbing fees and want your attendees to pay the net price of the ticket with a discount, we recommend creating a hidden ticket type and applying an access code.
To watch a video walkthrough of how to create discount codes click here. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.