The custom questions feature allows you to collect additional information from your attendees on a ticket holder level. First name, last name, and email address are fields that your attendees are already required to provide. Create custom questions to collect optional or required information from your attendees upon checkout.
How To Add Custom Questions
- To get started, sign up or log in to Ticketbud and create an event. If you've already created an event, click My Events on the top navigation bar and select your current event. Navigate to your event's Dashboard and select Custom Questions from the left pane.
- Click on the Custom Data? field and choose "yes" from the dropdown menu. Select the Add Custom Question icon to begin.
- In the Add Custom Question window, choose the ticket type(s) that your question applies to (you can select more than one ticket type).
- Next, enter your question into the Question/Label field.
- Then, select an Input Type.
Choose text for an open field text box.
Choose dropdown to create a menu of options for your attendees to choose from. You will then be prompted to enter answer options.
Choose radio to create a button besides each answer option for your attendees to select. You will then be prompted to enter answer options.
- Finally, set the question to be required or optional in the Required? field. Click Add and you are finished (you may need to refresh the page to see the question appear in the list)!
After adding custom questions, you can rearrange the order of the questions as they would appear on checkout by dragging the arrow icon to the right of the question. You can also delete a question at anytime by clicking the x icon.
To view the information collected from your custom questions, visit the Ticket Sales page on your dashboard and choose the Export Tickets icon to generate a report. You can also view individual answers from the Ticket Sales page by clicking the + icon next to the ticket purchaser.
To watch a video walkthrough of how to add custom questions click here. If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.