Embed the Ticketbud widget on your Facebook page to leverage your Facebook audience to buy tickets to your event without having to leave Facebook. This feature is only available for Facebook Pages intended for marketing purposes. Most commonly used by brands, companies, & organizations. It is not intended for personal Facebook pages or event pages.
How to add the Ticketbud widget on your Facebook page:
- Log in to Facebook and use the search bar to find the third-party app Static HTML: iframe tabs or visit this link to get started.
- You will be directed to the Static HTML: iframes tab page.
- Select the Get App icon to install the app on your Facebook page.
- Choose the event page from the dropdown menu and select the Add Page Tab icon.
- Visit your Facebook page. A Welcome tab has been added to your page. Select the green Set up tab icon to continue.
- You will be redirected to the installation site of the third-party developer of the app, Thunderpenny, to continue the installation of the Ticketbud widget. Remove all of the text under the “index.html” tab on this page, as indicated in the highlighted box below.
- Next, open up a new tab or window in your browser and visit your event page's dashboard on Ticketbud. Select Widgets from the left pane.
- On the Event Widgets tab, copy the iFrame code.
- Go back to the Thunderpenny Static HTML tab or window in your browser and paste the widget code into the now-blank “index.html” text box, click the Actions dropdown arrow, and choose the Edit name and image option.
- Before you can edit the name of the tab as it will appear on your Facebook page, you'll need to log in.
- This will initiate a pop-up window to authorize permission for the Static HTML: iframe tabs app to connect to your Facebook account.
- After you've granted permission, you can edit the tab name. Depending on the needs of your Facebook page, you can to edit your tab name to something general (ex. “Tickets” or “Buy Now”) or give the tab a title specific to your event. Click the Save tab name button to the right of the tab name field.
- When you have successfully updated the tab name, click the Save & Publish icon to save.
- The installation of the ticket widget is now complete. You can now return to your Facebook page to view the changes on the live page.
Depending on how many existing tabs you already have on your Facebook page, you may want to reorder the tabs so the ticket option is displayed initially and your attendees don't have to click “More” to see your event’s ticket tab.
We also recommend creating or modifying your Facebook page’s Call to Action button to link directly to your Ticketbud event page. This will allow users on mobile platforms to access your event page directly on Ticketbud’s website, as the iFrame widget is not supported on mobile devices. Click the “Create Call to Action” button (if you have not previously enabled one on this page) or select the existing button to reveal the “Edit call to action” option from the dropdown menu.
We recommend using the “Book Now” button option. Copy and paste your Ticketbud event URL into the website field and save changes.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.