Facebook Pixel presents a huge opportunity for event organizers to learn more about their marketing efforts, sales funnels, and customer profiles. This guide includes steps on how to create your pixel, add it to your Ticketbud event page, and lastly, how to track conversions and revenue.
In addition to this guide, we recommend referring to Facebook's Pixel Set Up guide for additional assistance.
How to create your Facebook pixel
- Navigate to your Facebook page and go to your pixels tab in Ads Manager.
- Click Create a Pixel.
- Enter a name for your pixel. You can have only one pixel per ad account, so choose a name that represents your business.
- Accept the terms and click Create Pixel.
Add your Facebook pixel to your event page
- Navigate to the pixels tab in Ads Manager.
- Click Set Up Pixel.
- Choose Email Instructions to a Developer (you won't be emailing instructions, just getting the pixel ID from this option).
- Copy the Pixel ID.
- To get started, sign up or log in to Ticketbud and create an event. If you've already created an event, from your Account Dashboard click Manage Events below the event.
- Select Promotion from the left nav bar and then Social Tools from the dropdown. Choose the Facebook Pixel tab.
- Paste the Pixel ID in the Pixel ID field and save. Make sure there aren't any extra spaces when pasting the code, as this could prohibit Facebook from realizing the pixel is live. Please keep in mind Facebook Pixels are applied on a per event basis.
Allow at least 20 minutes for the Facebook Pixel to register as active. In the meantime, you can download the Facebook Pixel Helper (only available for Google Chrome web browsers) to ensure that the Pixel is working. After downloading it, head over to your event page on Ticketbud to check.
If you see an error, go to step 4 in this help center article to troubleshoot. Additionally, refer to the troubleshooting steps on the Pixel helper page.
How to track conversions and revenue
Visitors on your event page will be tracked from the live event page (view live) to the order confirmation page. Visit your Pixel dashboard on Facebook to view tracking data.
The following interactions will be tracked:
- PageView: a visitor lands on your live event page.
- CompleteRegistration: a visitor completes the registration form for your event.
- AddToCart: a visitor adds a ticket to their shopping cart.
- Purchase: a visitor completes a ticket purchase for your event.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.