For events using WePay or Stripe to process payment, refunds can be issued directly through the Orders page on your event dashboard. Please note that refunds cannot be issued on Ticketbud for events using PayPal. PayPal refunds must be issued directly via PayPal.
Offline & comp tickets issued cannot be refunded, but can be deleted if needed. Contact email@example.com for further assistance.
How to Issue a Refund
- From the Orders page on your event dashboard, search for the attendee’s order you’d like to refund.
- Click on More - the three vertical dots located to the right of the order.
- Select Refund Purchase from the dropdown.
- You will then be prompted to confirm the refund. This will refund the full amount paid back to the ticket purchaser. Please note it is not possible to issue a partial refund on Ticketbud. If you’d like to issue a partial refund, check out the partial refunds section below.
- Once you confirm the refund, the attendee will be notified via email. It usually takes 3 to 10 business days for the funds to post back to the attendee’s original method of payment.
WePay customers: Please note that if more than 60 days have passed since the initial transaction date, it is not possible to issue a refund through the Ticketbud dashboard. Please contact WePay support for further assistance.
How to Issue a Partial Refund
To issue a partial refund, submit a request to WePay's support team here.
We'd recommend including the name and email address associated with the order as well as the amount to be refunded in your initial request.
To issue a partial refund, log in to your Stripe dashboard.
Navigate to the Payments page by choosing Payments from the left menu. Scroll through the list of transactions or look it up in the search bar. Click on the transaction and select the Refund icon located at the top of the page.
You will then be prompted to issue a refund. Enter the amount to be refunded in the Refund field.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.