Custom questions allows you to collect additional information from your attendees on a ticket holder level. First name, last name, and email address are fields that your attendees are already required to provide. Create custom questions to collect optional or required information from your attendees upon checkout.
How To Add Custom Questions
- To get started, sign up or log in to Ticketbud and create an event.
- From your Account Dashboard click on Manage Event to navigate to your Event Dashboard.
- From your Event Dashboard, select Tickets on the left navigation bar then choose Custom Questions from the dropdown.
- Click on the +Add Question button located on the top right corner of the page.
- Enter a question into the blank Question field.
- Select if the question is required (Y/N).
- Next, choose a question type:
Text for an open field text box.
Dropdown to create a menu of options for your attendees to choose from. You will be prompted to enter answer options.
Radio to create a button besides each answer option for your attendees to select. You will be prompted to enter answer options.
- Choose the ticket type(s) your question will apply to (you can select more than one ticket type), and lastly click Create Question.
After adding custom questions, you can rearrange the order as they would appear during checkout by clicking and dragging the dotted box icon (located to the left of the question). To delete a question, just click the trash icon.
To view the information collected individually, visit the Orders page on your event dashboard and click on the Details icon located next to the attendee’s name. Click on the ticket holder’s name which will appear below and a modal will appear with their answer to the custom question(s).
To view information collected from all attendees, you can export a CSV report. Go to Orders on your event dashboard and click on the Reports button on the top right corner of the page. Click on Export CSV under the All Tickets report. This report contains all custom question data collected from your attendees.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.